Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Craft Space Overhaul! Part 4

To start reading from the beginning of this project, click here.

Hip-hip-hooray, the big ugly green tub is empty! Mostly. I still have exactly three plastic bags in there, containing seed beads, feathers, and pieces I intend to salvage for parts. But all my little boxes of beads are now in their proper places in the drawers, and there was even some extra space in the bottom two drawers for my collection of how-to manuals. Check it out:

The cabinets are all full-up.

A place for everything, and everything in its place.

I was smart and sorted the beads before I started putting them away. ;) There are still a few cases of beads that don't have a permanent home yet (you can see part of one on top of the cabinets in the photos above; what you don't see is that there are three more stacked on top of that one), and the table is still a mess, as you can see:


It's maybe difficult to tell, but I am making progress. :) There's a space behind the wooden box in the center, so I have almost half of the table cleared off. Once I dust off and vacuum out the little antique cabinet there on the right, I'm willing to wager that even more of the table surface will be visible. I'm still on the hunt for some jars to stash the hundreds of wooden beads that I have, and some things might just have to be left out because they hold things I use all the time.

Like this container.

I'm still not sure how I'm going to stash my tools. I have four pliers, three hammers, two wire jigs, one dapping block (and a partridge in a pear tree!), as well as sundry other tools, that I want to have accessible but visible - in other words, not jumbled together in a drawer like they are right now.


If you have some great organizational tips you'd like to share, post a comment! 

Next Post:
Craft Space Overhaul! Part 5 (of 5)

Related Posts:
Craft Space Overhaul! Part 1
Craft Space Overhaul! Part 2
Craft Space Overhaul! Part 3

No comments:

Post a Comment