Friday, May 8, 2015

Craft Space Overhaul! Part 2

If you missed Part 1, click here.



So, as previously mentioned, I'm working to get a handle on my craft space and make it something that fits me, instead of just working with what I have. It started as...well, a big ol' mess. There's no gilding that lily; it was just a mess!


Obligatory "before" photo.

After working on it today, well, it's still a mess, but it's a slightly more organized one. I decided to start with the closet, since that's where I plan to store a lot of my materials anyway, and it was full of boxes that we hadn't ever unpacked from when we moved in, about four years ago.

I pulled everything out and sorted it into two piles: craft stuff, and other. I found my old Walkman, which was awesome! I also found a lot of dust and a bajillion computer cords. I don't even know what they go to. My husband and I have a mutual friend who builds computers for fun, so we'll probably ask him if he can use anything; if not, then yippee for me because I just got a bunch of wire to upcycle into jewelry! ;)

Obligatory "after" photo.
Now, my craft table is a mess again, but the closet's empty, and I can see what space I actually have available to work with. I think I might hang some glass jars from the underside of the shelf, and I have some other storage ideas. I've got to get all the dust out, first! Stay tuned to see what I come up with. :)

Next Post:
Craft Space Overhaul! Part 3

Related Posts:
Craft Space Overhaul! Part 4
Craft Space Overhaul! Part 5

No comments:

Post a Comment