Monday, August 4, 2014

Today's Project: Paper Beads

As the title says, I've been working on making paper beads today. I've never done it before, but I figure that the best way to learn (for me, at least) is to jump right in, so that's what I did!

I started by looking at some templates online. I didn't see any that looked easy to print, so I wound up measuring everything on my paper myself. This was, perhaps, for the best because I am using wrapping paper leftover from a birthday present and the paper isn't exactly in a standard measurement.

I soon learned two things: one, wrapping paper, being thin, makes really thin beads; two, it is super-difficult to keep the paper lined up so that the bead winds up symmetrical! When I do this again, I'll be using thicker paper and longer cuts so that my beads aren't so skinny (unless skinny is what I'm going for, of course).


Anyway, I've gotten one fully done so far and two are drying on the skewers. I've been thinking of what I want to make with them, and I think I'll have to wait and see how many beads I wind up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment